Ed Mills Webb
Ed advises clients on all issues relating to the international sale and movement of goods, finance, insurance and regulatory issues, with particular knowledge of commodity, charterparty and bill of lading disputes.
He has significant experience both in the UK and abroad of High Court proceedings and arbitration work within LMAA, LCIA and ICC.
Ed also acts for a number of clients in the offshore sector and has advised on several significant energy projects in West Africa, including production sharing and farmout agreements. He also deals with vessel construction issues, including specialist offshore vessels and superyachts.
- Representing shipowners following the loss of “Atlantik Confidence”
- Successfully acting on a major London High Court case regarding the recovery of the proceeds of a fraudulent chartering scheme concerning the Latvian Shipping Company’s fleet of vessels. A new precedent was set on establishing English jurisdiction on the basis of piercing the corporate veil
- Successfully acting for the defendants in a significant charterparty case concerning the obligations upon the owner to maintain the vessel
- Acting on an offshore market LMAA Arbitration regarding cancellation provisions under Supplytime 89
- Acting for a major commodity trader on a High Court decision on the proper construction of demurrage provisions in a contract of sale
- Acting for a third party in enforcement proceedings