Marie focuses on transportation and maritime law. She acts both as a counsellor and a litigator namely in the areas of land, rail and maritime transportation.
Marie also has in-depth knowledge of insurance law.
Marie was admitted to the Paris Bar in January 2009 and holds a Master 2 in Maritime Law (University of Nantes).
She speaks English and French.
- Representation of cargo owners and their insurers in the context of proceedings brought before French courts against freight forwarders and transporters
- Representation and advising of the rail transporters in the context of court surveys and proceedings against of the owner of France’s rail infrastructure network, other transporters and cargo owners
- Representation and advising of the shipyard of the M/V “Estonia” in the context of proceedings brought by families of victims before French courts
- Representation and advising of liability insurers of leisure ships in cases involving various maritime incidents (collision, assistance etc…), research on the international level of information on the history of ship ownership
- Representation and advising on shipbuilding-related matters
- Ship arrests
- Advising of representatives of Seafarers’ Rights International on the labour regulations applicable to seafarers as well as French criminal and maritime law (ship arrests)