Ioanna is a member of the firm’s Transportation Finance Group and is involved in all non-contentious aspects of ship financings and acquisitions including vessel deliveries and flagging registration arrangements. Ioanna is dual qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales and as “Dikigoros” in Greece.
Ioanna’s experience in the superyacht sector covers working on pre-owned yacht sale and purchase transactions, yacht financings and security structures thereof, new build contracts, trade in agreements and providing assistance with yachts’ registration formalities.
- Advising the buyer of a pre-owned yacht in relation to the sale and purchase agreement and related delivery documentation, including advice and guidance on reflagging matters
- Acting for a yacht builder, advising on several yacht building contracts, financing arrangements and security documents
- Acting for a leading international group of companies in relation to the financing and the acquisition of a fleet of vessels, drafting and advising on time charters, commercial agreements and vessel services agreements
- Acting for a buyer in relation to a yacht building contract for the construction of a 45m motor yacht
- Acting for builders in relation to transfer of ownership and related delivery and registration documentation of trade in yachts