After spending the first part of his career as an in-house counsel in an international trading company, and later in a shipbuilding company, Luc Pieto joined Clyde & Co as a lawyer in 2007. Specialised in maritime law and international trade law, he advises shipyards and ship-owners in the construction, purchase, freight, ship management and the repair of merchant ships and leisure yachts. He also represents food processing companies in commodity trading.
Luc Piéto graduated in International and EU Law and Political Sciences from PARIS II Panthéon-Assas University (1985).
- Tender offer and negotiation of a contract for the construction of a trailing suction hopper dredger;
- Purchase of fishing vessels;
- Purchase of large yachts for private buyers;
- Advising on the evolution of a freight structure for a ship fleet;
- Advising on legal issues pertaining to off-shore wind turbines
- Member of the Association française de Droit maritime