Marie-Anne is a “go-to” lawyer in the firm’s shipping, trade & energy group. Marie-Anne specialises in ship finance and transactional shipping work adopting a calm, commercial and pragmatic approach to, what are often, complex legal transactions.
Marie-Anne acts for owners, operators and stakeholders on transactional matters within the shipping industry. Her practice is international, covering matters such as shipbuilding contracts, ship finance, ship sale and purchase, joint ventures and wider related corporate matters, LNG projects and floating oil and gas projects.
Marie-Anne advises international corporations, financial institutions and investors on a range of cross-border debt and equity financing and security arrangements in relation to commercial shipping matters, including charter parties, long term LNG project time charters and other service contracts, management agreements, vessel registrations and flagging.
Marie-Anne has published commentary on BIMCO’s SHIPTERM and has written the module on “Selling the Ship” for Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Diploma in Shipping Commercial Management.
- Acting and advising the joint venture ship owning parties on the construction and pre and post-delivery financing of a fleet of four vessels.
- Acting and advising the ship owning parties in connection with joint ventures with private equity funds.
- Advising private equity funds on their investment into ship owning structures and/or asset acquisitions.
- Negotiating with a South Korean shipyard for the construction of a high specification liquefied natural gas carrier.
- Negotiating for and advising a ship owner in connection with providing upstream storage solutions and transportation for a listed oil & gas development and exploration company.
- Acting for the shipbuilder in relation to the construction of mega-yachts.
- Acting for the seller for the sale of a fleet of twelve vessels.
- Acting for an LNG carrier owner and operator in relation to the construction, acquisition of and charter arrangements for five Arc7 ice-class ships.
- Acting for a leading international group of companies in relation to a time charter party and other project related documents for the provision of an LNG floating storage unit for an on-shore gas power plant.
- Advising an international group of companies in relation to a USD575 million bond re-financing, fleet re-organisation and bareboat charter structure.